Update your Reading and Writing Goals! You must be able to show evidence of working toward your Goal, either in your Reading Notebook or with your Writing Notebook and Drafts.
- Read for 40 minutes in a book that’s your level or one level higher
- Fill out your Reading Log correctly and accurately
- None – Focus all your effort on Writing
- Begin to draft on yellow paper. Make sure you’re using all the things we’ve learned in class
- Create Complex Characters (positive and negative traits)
- Orient the reader with Setting
- Characters should have Motivations and Obstacles
- Write your sentences with HEART
- Tell the story bit by bit…each point on your Arc should be like a mini-story
- Use the Checklist and Rubric!
- None (due to test)
- Write 10 words of your choice with a CVC pattern. Label CVC and symbol.