- Read for 40 minutes in a book that’s your level or one level higher
- Fill out your Reading Log correctly and accurately
- Find a moment in your book when a character acts in a way that seems unusual or different than how they normally act and explain why they might be acting this way. If you’re stuck, use these prompts to help:
- The character normally behaves like…but this time they behaved like…This makes me think that…
- The character did…which makes me think they must be the kind of person who…
- I used to think…but after the character…I realize that…
- Using your Flash Draft or your Story Arc, find a moment or action that the character performs and stretch it out into a 1/2 – 1 page mini-story.
- Lesson 1.7 lesson questions and homework questions